Garage Door Maintenance & Servicing – What You Need to Know
Garage doors are an important part of any home or business. They keep your property safe, secure and out of the elements. Regular maintenance and servicing is essential for your garage door to function properly and last a long time. In this blog, we will discuss the importance of garage door maintenance and servicing and what you need to know to keep your door functioning properly.
Why is Garage Door Maintenance & Servicing Important?
Garage door maintenance and servicing is important for a number of reasons. Regular maintenance helps to ensure that your garage door is functioning properly and that it is safe to operate. It also prevents costly repairs and extends the life of the door. Not performing regular maintenance can lead to safety hazards, increased wear and tear, and more expensive repairs down the line.
What Does Garage Door Maintenance & Servicing Include?
- Inspecting the door and opener for any damage
- Checking the condition of the weatherstripping
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Checking the balance of the door
- Testing the reversing mechanism on the opener
- Checking the alignment of the opener and sensors
- Testing the safety features on the opener
- Tightening loose hardware and bolts
- Checking for any signs of rust or corrosion
These tasks are important for ensuring that your garage door is functioning properly and that it is safe for use. It is recommended that you have your garage door inspected, serviced, and maintained at least once a year, or more frequently if you notice any issues with your door.
When Should I Call a Professional Garage Door Technician?
If you notice any of the following issues with your garage door, you should call a professional garage door technician right away:
- Your garage door is making strange noises when opening or closing
- The garage door opener is not working properly
- The door is off balance or sticking when opening and closing
- The safety sensors are not working
- The door is difficult to open or close
- Your remote isn’t working properly or is unresponsive
- There are signs of rust or corrosion on the door or hardware
A professional technician can help diagnose any issues with your garage door and recommend a course of action to get your door back in working order. It is important to call a professional as soon as possible if you notice any issues with your garage door as waiting could cause more serious damage and lead to more expensive repairs.
How Can I Extend the Life of My Garage Door?
In addition to regular maintenance and servicing, there are a few other things you can do to extend the life of your garage door:
- Keep the track clean – dirt and debris can accumulate over time and interfere with the smooth operation of the door.
- Lubricate all moving parts regularly – lubrication helps keep everything running smoothly.
- Check for signs of wear and tear – check for cracks, rust, corrosion, or other signs of wear and tear on a regular basis.
- Keep it balanced – check the balance of your door periodically to make sure it’s not sagging or sticking when opening or closing.
By following these simple tips, you can help extend the life of your garage door and keep it in top condition for years to come.
Garage door maintenance and servicing is essential for keeping your door in good condition and safe to operate. Regular maintenance helps to ensure that your garage door functions properly and lasts a long time. If you notice any issues with your garage door, it’s important to call a professional right away. Finally, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your garage door such as keeping the track clean, lubricating all moving parts regularly, checking for signs of wear and tear, and keeping it balanced.
At Titanium Garage Doors- Repairs and Maintenance, we specialize in all types of garage door repair and maintenance. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to help diagnose any issues you may be having with your garage door and get it back in working order. Give us a call today to learn more about our services.